Day vs. Night
Students discuss the difference between day and night.
- Student writing pages (half with “At night I like to” and half with “During the day I like to…”) – 1 per student (Day vs. Night Document)
- Pencils – 1 per student
- Crayons- 1 box per student
- Have a discussion with the students about how the sky looks different during the day and at night.
- Split the class in two and have half think about something they like to do during the night and the other half think about something they like to do during the day.
- Using a ready-made template, have students illustrate their activities.
- Compile all pages and make a class book labeled [Teacher’s name]’s Class Good Night and Good Morning Book.
- Make sure students illustrate the correct time of day.
- What does the sky look like during the day? Bright, blue, clouds
- What does the sky look like at night? Dark, stars, moon
- What is something you do during the day that you cannot do at night? Answers will vary.
- What is something you do at night that you cannot do during the day? Answers will vary.